Christmas is such a special time of year. Even from a young age, I remember having a love for Christmas that caused a warm feeling in my heart just thinking about it.
It’s not because I got lavish gifts. We didn’t have much money and, let’s just say, Santa brought what he could.
So the lasting memories grew from the wonder of the season, the beauty of the scenery, and the warmth created by traditions with family.
Here are some traditions you can do with your family that will create a life-long appreciation for the holiday.
20 Christmas Traditions Your Kids Will Remember When They’re Older
1. Decorating the Christmas tree
2. Making ornaments
3. Making popcorn garland and eating half of the supplies
4. Preparing dinner and desserts
5. Decorating sugar cookies
6. Reading Christmas books
7. Writing letters to Santa
8. Counting down with an advent calendar
9. Volunteering to help those less fortunate
10. Buying Christmas presents for kids in need
11. Visiting a local attraction like a tree lighting or light festival
12. Dressing up your pets
13. Elf On The Shelf
14. Driving around to see Christmas lights
15. Listening to Christmas music
16. A house full of holiday smells… from pine needles, cookies baking, and hot cocoa.
17. Watching Christmas movies
18. Going to church
19. Seeing a Christmas play
20. Wearing matching Christmas pajamas
This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions! Each year I get the family a new pair of Christmas jammies that we all wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning to open presents.
This year we were fortunate to be given these incredibly cute matching pajamas by Shinesty.
The styles are so cute, the colors are bright and vibrant, and they’re so comfortable I could literally wear them every day!
They have a huge selection of pajamas for adults, kids, and pets. And even dresses, suits, and underwear! So they have literally everything you need to make a new Christmas tradition for your whole family.
Check out their family pajama selection here.
What Christmas traditions are dear to your family? Leave them in the comments below.
You might also like…
Pin for later…