We moved to Southwest Florida about 4 years ago for a career opportunity, but the amazing climate was an added bonus! I would happily move just for weather like this. Winter feels more like Fall most of the time. But it does still get cold in January and February. So lately 40-degree temps have me hibernating under the blankets until about noon. 🙂
That’s why layers are always great. And for a seasonal update to my wardrobe, I turn to Fashom. It’s a super simple way to add new pieces to my closet with the help of a personal stylist.
Here’s how it works.
I was given a complimentary credit in order to purchase some items from Fashom so I could share my experience with you. All opinions are authentic and my own.
You start by filling out a style quiz about what you like, your sizes, and what types of pieces you’re looking for.
There’s a $15 styling fee, and that $15 is applied as a credit when you purchase an item. But the styling session is always free on your first box!
- This is the step when you really make sure you are getting the most for your money. Be sure to add any and all information that will help your stylist pick the perfect pieces for you.
- Include your:
- Personal style
- Your specific lifestyle
- Your climate
- What types of clothes you generally like
- What parts of your body you like to accentuate or downplay
- My style notes usually include how I work at home, but also volunteer a lot and have young kids, so I need clothes that are comfortable and I can move in. And of course, I mention living in the subtropics, so warm weather gear and layers, are key.
Over the next few days, a stylist pours over your style quiz. They search for several items that they think will be perfect for you from their selection of clothes that are ethically sourced from around the world.
2-3 days later, you’ll get an email when they’re done so you can go on the website to see the pieces they picked out for you.
Out of that selection, you get to pick five items to be shipped to you. You’ll need to do this within 48 hours.
The five items you pick are shipped to you, always for free. The website indicates that it could take 10-12 days to get your package, but I’ve always gotten mine in less than a week.
Then the fun part! You get to have your own little fashion show in your home. No small dressing rooms with bad lighting and screaming, fighting kids. Just you, maybe a glass of wine, and your personal mirror.
Why I’ve loved all of my Fashom boxes
- The sizes are always spot on.
- They are the exact type of clothes I indicate that I want in my style quiz. Lots of the pieces are comfy and cool and they add a few really fun, flirty pieces too.
- I usually discover a few things I love, that I never would have picked out for myself.
After you decide what you want to keep, you indicate it on the website and pay for it. And remember, that $15 styling fee you paid at the beginning of the process gets credited to your total purchase!
Then you ship the rest of the clothes back to Fashom inside the shipping bag they provide for you, always for free. You need to do this within three days of receiving your package.
The more you keep, the more discount you get. If you decide to keep all 5 pieces, you’ll get 30% off and if you keep 3 or 4 pieces, you’ll get 25% off.
And for each box, Fashom donates $1 to Second Chance Rescue NYC.
Want to give Fashom a try? Click here.
Pin for later…
You might also like…